Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Old School, New School",- Art Opening December 4th from 5-7PM at Salvage Vanguard Theater Gallery.

Hi everybody,

As always, I have been busy being back in school learning 3d modeling and Motion Graphics, and also painting a whole lot, teaching art part time and focusing on carving out a more stable livelihood -so I can paint more, of course.

Anyway, my life is getting better every day because I am setting goals, achieving them and following through. Part of this is because I have freed up my time by no longer hosting life drawing sessions for free, after 3 years of hiring models and running the sessions. Surprisingly, I don't even miss it because now I am getting my own work done at such a greater quality.

 I am having an Art Opening this Sunday at Salvage Vanguard Theater Gallery from 5-7PM. The address is 2803 Manor Rd. and I would be honored if you all would attend. The name of the show is "Old School, New School" , a sampling of my paintings of live models, many which started out as 15 minute speed paintings. 
Here is what the incredible Lee Webster wrote about my work:
"Leslie Pierce uses the figure as a catalyst to explore character and social narratives. Departing from traditional realism, she incorporates the abstract, the unintentional, and the element of chance into her oil paintings to evoke the true character of her subjects.

Old School / New School is an exploration of the evolution of her style of portraiture. Pierce paints from life, often times using speed painting techniques and occasionally incorporating encaustic and photography.  Working with oil paint on masonite board, she embraces the unpredictable, even taking mistakes and multiplying them until they become part of the background and the figure.  Each portrait is a thorough exploration of a person and a point in time."

No comments:

Post a Comment