Friday, October 28, 2011

Good Things are Happening!

In the last few weeks I have had two art exhibit opportunities come my way:

Sunday, I will be hanging 12 paintings at The Brick Oven on 35th as part of a joint show called, "Up Close and Personal". I do love coming up with show titles... And on Tuesday (I just found out I have the show yesterday!) I will be hanging solo at Salvage Vanguard Theater's Gallery. I won't have time to frame the stuff for Salvage Vanguard but it will still look great there. The exhibit, "Old School, New School" at SVG will be up through December and the show at The Brick Oven will be up all the way through January.


My art has been  really improving since I quit hosting and booking models for the life drawing and painting session group I founded three years ago. I look forward to getting paid for my time teaching figure drawing and painting part time in the Spring.

What I did not realize was that I actually felt guilty looking for art opportunities for myself and not the whole group. Weird, huh? I finally sorted out how silly that was and am so happy that doors are opening up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment