Thursday, September 8, 2011

I just want to Paint All the Time...

Perhaps, I was brainwashing myself in the last post to make it easier being back in school. But really, all I want to do is paint, create awesome art and help others artists have the space to create and exhibit their work. School is for learning new skills to get side-work, but I would drop out in a heartbeat if I could do art without facing starvation for prolonged periods.

As far as an art space goes, a few doors that were already supposed to be in place have not solidly coming through yet. No worries though. I am a huge believer in another door(s) will open scenario and although I have not shut any pending door, I certainly am not just sitting on the sidelines either. So,  I am having Artist Sessions once again in my Art Apartment and will grow it again from here.

Any time you change a routine art session you are bound to loose some old participants and gain new ones. Not everyone likes change or new challenges no matter how awesome and fun and artist growing new skills they are. This is part of an art group's growing pains and growing better and stronger. Personally, I welcome more folks with the let's get this going attitude and am glad some art friends who I haven't drawn or painted with in over a year are coming to the new ACAL Sunday (for now may change to weeknight later on) session.

I am going to plant a beautiful seed in the Austin arts network right now by putting this out there: If you know of any reasonably priced artist spaces in East or downtown Austin that has AC, please forward the info to me. I appreciate your good vibes!



Sincerely, Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment