Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to the Drawing Board!

What a beautiful day to start some new drawings!

I have so many art books, web-links and pdf files open here in my Art studio that I am absolutely flooded with good info and feel so lucky and inspired. I will be attempting to post on here once a week and provide some cool tips I discover while on my never ending path to becoming a better artist.

So here is my first Artist tip for 2012, which I am sure you all already know but it never hurts to be reminded: Get Organized!

Nothing zaps the energy out of me more than not being able to find things like a particular paint tube, reference notes, etc... because the space is completely jacked up with stacks of unfiled papers on every subject from Renaissance art techniques to how to render a file from Cinema 4D to Adobe After Effects.

Yes, we as artists must wear many hats, but take the extra time to rearrange and stay as "clutter free" as possible for an artist. You will thank yourself! I cleaned here for a week and am still getting things together and it looks and feels great! I know looking at the picture you are probably thinking- That is organized??! Well, I can assure you yes, it is indeed and there is still much room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment